Thursday, August 7, 2008

The ball is in your court...

Pun intended, black America.

I can't believe more hasn't been made of Jesse Jackson's comments about Barack Obama.

I can understand why a non-black journalist wouldn't touch this subject. After all, Rev. Jackson has made his living devouring people (especially non-blacks) who make disparaging comments about his race.

This time, however, it was him. Jackson referred to his constituents as niggers, saying that Obama talks down to them. So, this nut-cutting, n-word using, ninny and nuisance is done, I'd say.

This is like Suze Orman going bankrupt. It's like catching Michael Jordan chowing down on a Whopper and dripping ketchup on his Reebok sweatsuit. It's like Animal from "Muppet Babies" protesting against PETA. What Jackson has done is advocate two things he's historically opposed: racism and violence.

If you want to cut something, Jesse, the crap would be nice. And maybe a few public appearances. If I want to see an angry black man I'll watch Real World: Seattle.

Much love, Irene.

No comments: